Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What If.....?

My packed trunk moving
 across the country

When packing for a road trip, it is always best to be comfortable and be prepared. Unlike a trip where you get on a plane to your destination, a road trip you can pack more in your car. I don’t know about you, but I always over pack. I like to be prepared for all occasions be it weather, emergency or be that person that brings the most random thing that, who knows you might need it in a pinch. Everyone knows the essentials when travelling but not everyone thinks about the What If’s?




  • ·         What If your GPS breaks and you don’t have reception in the middle of nowhere to use your phone?
    • Always bring a road map as backup. Go to CAA ahead of time and get maps and a TripTik. They highlight the whole trip for you and let you know about construction and what to look out for.
  • ·         What If you lock your keys in the car?
  • My packed front seat moving
    across the country
    • Always travel with your spare set of keys. Keep your spare key in your purse or wallet and make sure you take it with you when you exit the car. (I might have locked my keys in my car with it running when I went into Tim Hortons on a road trip once. Had the spare key in my purse luckily.)
  • ·         What If you have an allergic reaction?
    • Always carry some Benadryl with you. Travelling with a little travel pharmacy with you doesn't hurt. I usually bring all the contents of my medicine cabinet as you never know what you might encounter on the open road.
Think about the What’s If’s on your next road trip, you might surprise yourself with what you bring that was a life saver. What is the weirdest thing you have brought on a road trip?

6 comments:

  1. These are great tips! I am also guilty of packing too much, so a road trip sounds perfect me! I have had some bad allergic reactions when travelling, so I love your idea of having a mini-pharmacy. This post makes me want to go on a road trip! Thanks for sharing, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to have a what if.
    It's always important to factor in anything and everything that could go wrong. Some may call that worrying to much, but I call it worrying just the right amount. :)
    Anytime I go anywhere I feel like I'm a walk-in clinic with all the medicines I bring with me, nice to know I'm not the only one.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog - I love road trips!... and great idea to have a what if post. These type of things ALWAYS happen to me haha! (Lexa)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post- I'm a huge 'what if' person on road trips. I usually have a laundry basket in the trunk with the most random stuff in it. Because you just don't know!
    Good job, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that we're almost done with school I'll be planning more adventures!
    I'll keep all of this in mind! Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "what if" is always my biggest fear when I travel anywhere! I'm so happy that you have written this post to help me get over that fear and deal with it if it ever happens!
    Great post Megan!

    ReplyDelete