Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Setting The Mood

No road trip is ever complete without your favourite tunes. Driving down the highway with the windows down cranking your jam is one of my favourite parts of road trips. Picking the right tunes is a chore in itself. Picking the right music will determine the kind of road trip you are going to experience.

When thinking of what music to put on your iPod for the trip, think of having many different genres and artist to select from. If you are in your car for 8 hours a day getting to your destination, you can get tired of the same music playing over and over again. Picking a lot of different genres will allow you to play to your mood at that moment of the day. Feeling mellow and in the moment enjoying the scenery, you may play more subdued music or feeling bored and need a pick me up, play some upbeat classic music that you can car sing to and rock out to.  Always put some of your guilty pleasures that you don’t let others know about. Especially if you are travelling alone, who’s going to stop you....no one, have fun with it!

Stuck on what kind of songs you should be looking for, here is a list of few websites that have compiled some of the best tunes to play on your next road trip.


You sometimes forget what songs are out there until you see lists like this. What are some of your favourite songs to rock out to on long road trips? Are you a car star?




10 comments:

  1. Great topic! Music is one of those essential road trip things that makes the journey that much more enjoyable. A good playlist for the drive is a must have. I always try and put together a playlist/ think about what music I will play when I'm driving up to the cottage or going on a road trip. And I like how you provided some lists on the best songs for a playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true post, music is large part of road trip fun! I love 80's music, but you can imagine my friends hate me for it so we each bring a set of 20 songs so everyone can enjoy the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good music and a road trip go hand in hand! I enjoyed reading your post on how important it is to chose the perfect music before you hit the road! I also am obsessed with this video, it totally captures how fun road trips can be thanks to your all time fav tunes. Way back playback to 90's music is always a must when my girlfriend and I make a trip together. I'll make sure to share your playlist with my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of that seen from as good as it gets where jack Nicholson is all prepared for the road trip with HIS style of music for every occasion and finds his travelling companions don't like his type of music.......made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never drive in the car without having music on and putting together playlists for road trips is always a must! The best part of listening to music while you're driving is how instantly your mood can change and lift your spirits up. Thank you Megan for sharing lists of the best songs to include on road trips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love driving with my windows down listening to good music! This post has made me miss warm weather even more then I already was, and it has also inspired me to download some songs from the lists you included. Great post, I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine getting in my car and not having music playing in the back ground. I have to say right now my favourite song to listen to is Happy by Pharrell Williams. Its just so infectious and I can't help but smile. This song definitely sets the mood. Megan I loved this post, keep them coming. My road trip is fast approaching and I am always looking for new adventures.
    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan, this is a great post. I find myself spending a lot of time figuring out what music I'll be playing on a road trip, even if it's just a few hours of driving. Sometimes compiling a good playlist for a trip takes me longer than packing, but it's definitely worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right, a playlist is essential to any drive. I love to mix up the genres that I listen to, but when I picture myself on a cross-Canada trek I can only hear "Life is a Highway."

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourtie part about road trips is always the tunes, more specifically ones that everyone sings along too. great post Megan!

    ReplyDelete